Gridiron Press Kit
By: 1336 Studios on March 7, 2019
****Work In Progress: Updated/Revised Daily****
Welcome to the Gridiron Press page. Here you should find any info you might need to post articles or get more informed about Gridiron. If you need any additional information posted to this page or would like anything provided in a different format let us know and we’ll make it available.
- Developer: 1336 Studios; Based in Apex, North Carolina
- Release Date: TBD, 2019 (Early Access Steam), Playstation 4 (TBD, 2019), Xbox One(TBD, 2019)
- Platforms: PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One
- Website: https://gridironthegame.com
- Price: TBA
- Availability: Digital Download
- Languages: English for Early Access (Full release support TBA)
- ESRB: TBD
- Full Size: TBD
- Press Contact: [email protected]
- Social Kickstarter, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Youtube, Instagram
- Instruction Manual: Coming Soon
Gridiron is an online team focused sci-fi inspired action sports game featuring intuitive addicting gameplay that takes a unique approach to the sports genre. Gridiron is the first football game ever, to allow you to play as an actual team with other players. With that focus on teamplay, Gridiron encourages high levels of coordination, planning and execution through the format of american football. You can play any position that your heart desires. Some of you will be natural running backs, using quick reaction time and path finding to weave your way through a defense. Some will favor wide receiver, with situational awareness helping to find pockets to exploit in the backfield and having sharp hands to always come down with the ball. A rare few will favor the Quarterback position, the on field commander that has on their shoulders organizing and executing each play to bring home success for his or her squad. Whatever your preference you will find with Gridiron, a rewarding gameplay experience that feels easy to pick up, but leaves a high ceiling for greatness.
- Razor sharp balanced gameplay
- Beautifully inspired sci-fi environments and characters
- Physics based gameplay that is intuitive, easy to pick up, and tough to master
- Five different characters, each with their own unique identity, strengths, and backstory
- The most entertaining and addicting online sports game you’ve ever touched
- Variable team sizes depending on game mode (Casual 7vs7 – Competitive 7vs7 and 11vs11)
- Online matchmaking with party support
- Track your stats and progress through a detailed player profile
- Competitive seasons complete with rewards
- Customize your favorite Champion’s look through rewards and achievements
- Create your own custom plays and playbook
- Personalize your experience and controls down to the camera angle FOV and distance
1336 Studios’(thirteen thirty-six studios) story is a story as old as time in games development. Guy wants to play game, game doesn’t exist. Guy says, “I want to make game” and then finds out making games is really hard. Guy gets group of friends excited about game idea, and then studio is born. 1336 Studios started out with just the idea for Gridiron and as time went on and the project gained steam the prospect of building a company and building other games became a reality, and the rest is history.
So what is 1336 Studios all about then? Well, our DNA is in gameplay. We have a great mix of people at 1336, and many of us started our lives as hardcore gamers. We love the feeling you get when you pick something up and it clicks, and then as you get more invested you are rewarded with a high skill ceiling and new levels of gameplay. Our goal is to always try and build that experience into our games. Easy to pick up, instantly fun to play, and then lots of mastery at the top end if you stick with it.
What about the name 1336? Well, that was a bit of a joke from the yesteryears of gaming when the word “leet/1337” was used in place of “elite”. 1336 was “almost leet”, a self deprecating jab at one’s ability to ALMOST be great. We thought it was a fun call back to a time when we all first got addicted to gaming, when gameplay was really going through a golden age as mods and indie games became the go-to for many gamers.